Today the world is changing and all of us are under a constant threat. And to live a safe and happy life it is very important to install security cameras in and outside our homes. But the problem is that it is not that easy. What are the pros and cons of having security cameras in and around your place?
There has been a widespread debate about whether security cameras should find a place in schools, libraries, and other public places. Will it help in preventing crime and ensuring safety? Or will it be of no help? Let us look at the pros and cons of having security cameras.
Why Having Security Cameras Can Be Fruitful?
• Installing security cameras will help in ensuring safety. The main advantage of having these security cameras is to ensure that everyone is safe around you. No matter where you go the priority is you should feel safe and secure. And having a proper security system in place will help in the same.
• The security cameras can help in minimizing the crime around us. It can keep an eye out on everything around. Be it your parking, or any other place, this can help significantly in protecting you from any kind of wrong thing.
• It helps in catching cameras. The video captures everyone who comes in its radar. And if anyone who can be dangerous is seen on the screen, you can catch them before they commit any crime. There are also facial recognition software’s which are gaining prominence. So as soon as the security cameras detect any face which is fed into their system they will raise an alarm. This can help extensively in nabbing down dangerous criminals.
• It helps in gathering evidence and clues. In case anything happens then these cameras can help you extensively in gathering clues and evidence to make up a sound case. The footage that you can capture through them can make your case stronger.
• In inflicts the feeling of fear in criminals. If the cameras get installed there will be a fear among people who are about to commit a crime of getting captured. This also can help a lot. Not only will they think twice before committing any crime, but they also might not even do it at all.
Why Cameras Are Not Good?
• These cameras can be easily abused by people who want to. The information which one can capture using these security cameras can be used for blackmailing people. Apart from this people can also do voyeurism, which means that they can spy on women. This will create a huge problem for everyone and will also increase crime.
• There are questions over the effectiveness of these systems as it is not a proven fact until now. Because someone is willing to commit a crime, he/she would not be thinking about being seen in the camera.
• The whole system is expensive. Installing security cameras is an expensive task. It involves a lot of money. From setting up the hardware everywhere to hiring officials to keep a tab on everything, it needs a lot of efforts.